So why do I recommend fish oil supplements be one of your daily supplements? Because omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids, which means that your body can not make them. You have to get them into your diet either through food, like sardines, salmon, tuna, and halibut, or other foods like nut oils, some plants, algae and krill.
There are numerous scientific studies on the benefits of consuming fish and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. Listed below are just a few of these health benefits:
- High Cholesterol - people who follow a Mediterranean diet rich in omega-3 fats have higher HDL (good) cholesterol levels, which help to promote heart health.
- High Blood Pressure - an analysis of 17 clinical studies showed that taking at least 3 grams of omega-3 fatty acids lowers blood pressure in patients with untreated hypertension.
- Cardiovascular Disease - research has proven that one of the best ways to prevent heart disease is to eat foods rich in mono and polyunsaturated fats like the DHA and EPA found in fish oil.
- Cancer - scientific studies have found that fish oil can help to prevent many common cancers including breast, prostate and colon cancer.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - while more research is needed in this area, because Chrons disease and ulcerative colitis involve inflammation of the GI tract, consuming anti-inflammatory omega-3 fish oil can aid to decrease this inflammation thus calming the symptoms associated with these conditions.
- ADHD - clinical studies looking at children with learning and behavioral problems found that supplementing their diet with fish oils improved their behavioral symptoms.
- Cognitive Decline - the essential fatty acids vital for brain function that are found in fish oil not only slows cognitive decline, but can also prevent brain atrophy.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. We specialize in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information.