You must be joking.
Is that even safe?
Here at Stanly Wellness Center, whether you are a patient or you have been following my articles or blog at www.AskDrPatrick.com, you know that I practice and preach water fasting. Why do I recommend everyone to water fast, besides the fact that Jesus himself fasted? Listed below are reasons to begin your water fasting journey:
- Fasting boosts the immune system
- Promotes the growth of new neurons
- Reduces chemotherapy side effects for cancer patients
- Eases autoimmune disorders
- Reduces heart disease risk factors
- Reduces oxidative stress and DNA damage
- Heals the digestive lining (leaky gut)
- Eases the effects of Type II Diabetes (even reversing it)
- MOST EFFECTIVE TREATMENT FOR OBESITY
- Effective for symptoms of epilepsy
- Eases symptoms of OA (osteoarthritis) and RA (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Reduces toxic accumulation
- Stimulates autophagy and mitophagy
- Research is even reporting increases in lifespan with fasting
So now that you know why I practice and preach fasting, I need to warn you that water fasting is not something that should be taken lightly. There are many pitfalls that a person might experience during a fast which is why I ALWAYS recommend that you only fast under the supervision of a health care practitioner who knows and understands the ins and outs of fasting.
I personally practice 5-day water fasts at least every other month. Having lost my Aunt to cancer and other family and friends to preventable diseases, I am encouraged to keep my body working as well as it can. Water fasting is just 1 of those strategies that I practice to achieve optimal health.
If you are ready to transform your health and you are in need of a health coach to help you reach your goals, then call Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 to schedule your FREE 15-minute consultation. You will sit down with Dr. Patrick Ess to discuss your health concerns and see if you are a good candidate for our care. We are here for the health of you and your family.