- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (see separate recipe)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the pan. Brown on both sides for 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet. Add the onion and poblanos and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add the chicken broth, cauliflower rice, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken on top of the rice. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the chicken is completely cooked through and the rice is soft. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve warm.