1. 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
3. ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4. 2 tablespoons coconut oil
5. ½ cup chopped red onion
6. 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
7. 3 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
8. 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
9. 1 ¼ cups cherry tomato halves
10. 2 scallions, thinly sliced
11. 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
12. 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
13. celtic salt and black pepper
1. Place the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to ½-inch thickness. Combine the cumin with the cayenne and rub over the chicken.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
3. Return the skillet with the pan drippings to medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, and 3 tablespoons water and cook, stirring, 1 or 2 minutes, until just heated through. Remove from heat.
5. Toss with the scallions, cilantro, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the beans.
RECIPE COURTESY OF REALSIMPLE