- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless free-range chicken breast
- 3 chipotle peppers
- 4 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 head lettuce, rinsed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside and rest for 5 minutes, then shred.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the chipotle peppers, adobo, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the bell pepper, adobo mixture, and chicken to the sauté pan on low heat. Stir well to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the scallions to the pan.
- Spoon the mixture into lettuce wraps and serve.