When it comes to weight loss, people are always on the lookout for that magic pill or that secret bullet that will shed 30 pounds in 1 day. Unfortunately, even with plastic surgery, this will never happen. So we have to opt for the next best approach.
Losing weight should not be difficult, after all it was not difficult putting it on. Making some obvious and easy to implement changes can and should have a positive impact on your weight loss goals. In fact, I see patients who lose 15, 20 and even up to 40 pounds in just 30 days following the guidelines that I am going to share with you.
- Step 1. You have to realize that your current state of nutrition has NOT been working. If you believe that you can continue eating what caused you to get into your condition, I am sorry to say that this article will not help you.
- Step 2. Eating breakfast is NOT the most important meal of the day. This has been a huge myth stirred up by the food industry. This is not to say that eating breakfast is not good. If you like to have breakfast, by all means go ahead and eat it. However, don’t allow your breakfast to be a feast of desserts like sugary cereals (including high carb cereals like Cheerios), nutrition candy bars, cakes like blueberry muffins and doughnuts, etc. Even those fruit smoothies are a big No-No.
- Step 3. A great way to burn fat is to eat FAT. The only caveat here is that the fat needs to be healthy fats. Examples include fatty wild caught fish like Salmon; raw, unsalted nuts and seeds (not peanuts); avocado; free range eggs; coconut oil and milk; bone broth; MCT oil; etc.
- Step 4. Remove foods that your body is sensitive and reactive to. Common allergens are peanuts and eggs. Other primary culprits are gluten from grains (wheat), casein from dairy, zein from corn, proteins found in soy, and refined sugar. I have even seen people sensitive to healthy products like millet, quinoa, organic eggs, raw dairy, honey, brown rice, etc. Acting on this step alone has caused patients to lose BIG amounts of toxic weight.
- For this step to work, you need to get tested. You can either order a simple blood test like an Alcat test. I use MRT food sensitivity testing which can detect up to 150 foods and food chemicals that can be causing your weight gain.
- For a less invasive test, and less costly test, I also use Nutrition Response Testing (NRT) in the office. This is a simple Applied Kinesiology muscle test to determine if your body is reactive to specific foods, vitamins, drugs, etc.
There are more than just these 4 steps that need to be addressed and can be implemented in your weight loss goals. If you are trying to lose weight and you want to see what we can do to help you at Stanly Wellness Center in Locust, feel free to reach out to us at 980-355-7600. We are currently offering a complete nutrition consultation, exam and NRT testing at the ridiculously low price of only $97 (normally $297). To take advantage of this special pricing, just call the office at 980-355-7600 and mention that you saw this article in the Weekly Post.