That being said, there are a number of things that we can do (and should do) on a daily basis to help ourselves to grow-up and age as healthy as possible. Below is a list of 7 things that you can do daily to help yourself to stay out of the hospital and live your life to the fullest each and every day (John 10:10).
- HEAL YOUR GUT – Our digestive system is responsible for the production of hormones as well as our immune system. In fact, it is known as the “2nd Brain”. With conditions like leaky gut, diverticulosis, Chron’s, etc. a weakened digestive system leads to, not only malabsorption problems, but autoimmune conditions as well. Eliminating processed food, gluten, and sugars from your diet and incorporating gut supporting foods like fermented and cultured foods and fiber foods can help to maintain gut health.
- INCREASE DETOXIFICATION – Your endocrine system (thyroid, testes, ovaries, etc.), your immune system and your nervous system are all very sensitive to toxins (especially heavy metals) in our environment. If your liver, kidneys, and digestive system are functioning poorly, then toxins can accumulate in your body where they will begin to wreak havoc. Incorporating a proper supplement formula can help your liver detox pathways, reduce inflammation and support a healthy immune system.
- MANAGE STRESS – Family, job, relationship, money stress, etc. leads to tension, inflammation, anger, and a host of other negative health consequences. Participating in activities like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, chiropractic care, and play time are essential for healthy brain and adrenal function.
- SLEEP – Getting that recommended 8 hours of quality sleep can feel like a challenge at times. Your body heals and repairs itself during deep REM sleep. Lack of sleep, or erratic work schedules can greatly interfere with sleep and thus keep your body in a state of chronic adrenal stress and fatigue. Finding a mattress and pillow that you feel most comfortable with is a must when it comes to a good night’s sleep.
- EXERCISE REGULARLY – Daily exercise can help you to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight, decrease joint pain, improve energy, relieve depression and strengthen muscle mass. In just 10 minutes per day, utilizing high-intensity exercise, you can reap all of the above benefits without having to spend hours a day at the gym.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR NUTRITIENTS – Unfortunately, our modern diet does not provide us with all of the nutrients necessary for optimal function and healing. Often times, the daily multivitamins based on RDA’s do not provide the support that we need for optimal bodily function. Testing for and getting on a daily supplement plan specific to you can have a dramatic impact to your overall health.
Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.
Stanly Wellness Center is located right on Main St (24/27) in Locust and is situated across the street from the big blue Locust Monument building.