In 2012 University of Minnesota researchers found that 95% of back pain patients
treated by chiropractors were improved with 62% finding a great deal of benefit.
Global Advances in Health and Medicine, January 2016
In 1994 the United States Agency for Health Care Policy and Research AHCPR
reported after extensive studies:
- Conservative treatment chiropractic should be utilized before considering surgery
- Prescription drugs: oral steroids and antidepressant medications
NOT RECOMMENDED for acute low back problems.
- There was no evidence of benefit found for the following common
physical therapy modalities: trigger point, facet injections, needle acupuncture or dry needling, ice, heat, massage, traction, ultrasound, cutaneous laser treatment,
transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (T.E.N.S.) or biofeedback techniques.
"the management of low back pain should be moved from medical doctors to chiropractic doctors" because:
- Spinal adjustments when applied by chiropractors is shown to be more effective
than alternative treatments for low back pain BUT spinal manipulations are less
safe and less effective when performed by nonchiropractic professionals.
- Chiropractic adjustments are safer than medical management of low back pain.
- Chiropractic management of low back pain is more cost-effective than medical management.
- Back pain patients returned to work much sooner when treated by chiropractors than by medical physicians.
- Patients are very satisfied with chiropractic management of low back pain and considerably less satisfied with medical physician management.
If you have questions about your current symptoms call 980-355-7600 for a complimentary back pain consultation.