It’s so common that heart health is at the forefront of most American’s health concerns. People understand that it is important to take proper actions to prevent cardiovascular disease for a long, healthy life.
Chiropractic care can significantly help prevent or treat heart disease. In fact, many wholistic cardiovascular doctors recommend chiropractic to their patients, especially those with heart rhythm issues, hypertension and syncope.
Having practiced chiropractic for nearly 17 years, I have seen the benefits of chiropractic care with my own eyes.
How Chiropractic Care Helps Your Heart
The heart and blood vessels are connected to the central nervous system by millions of tiny connections. One major attachment is the vagus nerve (which comes from the brain) and the autonomic nervous system (which has input into the entire body).
These nerves control heart rate and blood pressure. Since chiropractic care positively impacts these nerves, its benefits to the heart are tremendous.
6 Heart Health Benefits
There are six proven ways chiropractic care helps prevent or treat cardiovascular disease:
- Lowers blood pressure – studies show a significant improvement in blood pressure when chiropractors adjust the 1st vertebra, called the Atlas.
- Improves nerve function of the heart – this is called the autonomic tone, and it impacts the heart, lungs, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, bladder, sex organs and just about every other part of the body.
- Decreases blood markers of inflammation – the more inflammation, the greater your risk of cardiovascular events.
- Improves heart rate variability – the more your heart rate bounces around, the longer you will live. Many patients with severe heart issues have problems in this area.
- Decreases chest pain – millions of hospital visits for chest pain can be avoided by referral or chiropractic care. Costochondritis, rib misalignment, or thoracic vertebrae subluxation are all causes of chest pain and shortness of breath that will respond to chiropractic care.
- Improves lung function – chiropractic care has been proven effective in patients with asthma and emphysema and poor lung function has been linked to heart failure.
Good chiropractic care benefits much more than just your heart. You name the disease, chiropractic care has a role because the nervous system touches every cell in the body. The nerves travel from the brain thru the spine and on to the rest of the body. If the bones of the spine are not moving properly symptoms and disease occur. If you have ever fallen out of bed, been in a car accident, undergone birth trauma or played sports, I assure you that your spine is misaligned. A series of adjustments seems like a better approach than spinal surgery or short term fixes like epidural injections or drugs. Don’t you agree?
I recommend that everyone have a regular chiropractic care treatment regime. It’s good for your heart, it’s good for your health, and it’s good for your body.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve your best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. Dr. Ess will not waste your time or money. He will let you know if he can help you, and if he can’t, who in the community can.
Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.
Stanly Wellness Center is located right on Main St (24/27) in Locust and is situated next door to the Locust Post Office and the Dollar General across the street from the Wells Fargo Bank.