As a wellness consultant with a focus on functional medicine and also as a chiropractor, I am always looking for ways to improve the well being of family, friends and the people that I get to serve in our community. Utilizing the many centuries old health benefits of Essential Oils is one of those ways that I can empower people to live and lead healthier lives. In today's article I want to share with you the benefits of using Orange essential oil to not only clean you body, but also your house.
Orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil, also known as sweet orange, is the most popular, best selling essential oil in the world due to it's vast array of uses. Orange essential oil also has a fascinating historical background. The Japanese believed citrus blossoms represented chastity. Ancient Arab women used it to color gray hair. Nostradamus wrote about how to use its blossoms and fruit to make cosmetics. Hercules so valued it that he stole the golden fruit from Hesperides, who protected it as the primary food of the ancient Roman and Greek gods.
Orange essential oil is cold-pressed from the outer peel of the common orange fruit. It is used for its cellular health-promoting, mood-boosting, digestive-supporting and sedating properties. Possessing a citrusy and tart aroma, orange oil uplifts emotions while sweeping away stress. It can also work in the kitchen against stubborn grease stains. In fact, I recently used it to erase permanent marker from a whiteboard.
Scientific research studies have even shown that orange oil could naturally help stop the growth of human lung and colon cancer cells. This is due to orange oil’s PMFs (flavonoid antioxidants) that can halt cancer proliferation and trigger cancer cell death.
Listed below are 7 uses for Orange essential oil:
- Immune System Support - Orange oil has virus and bacteria-fighting abilities. To help boost the immune system and fight free radical damage, take 1 to 2 drops of orange oil internally by placing it under your tongue or adding it to a glass of water or your favorite beverage.
- Cancer-Fighting - The cancer-fighting activity of orange and other citrus essential oils is largely due to the presence of d-limonene. There are now over 200 research articles on d-limonene, supporting its role against cancer cells. Put 1 to 2 drops of orange oil into tea, juice or sparkling water.
- Lymphatic Health - Orange oil may stimulate the lymphatic system, liver, kidneys and bladder — drawing out toxins, excess sodium and waste from the digestive tract. Dilute 2 to 4 drops of orange oil with coconut oil and gently rub it onto the lymph nodes, chest and lymphatic pathways.
- Stress Buster - Thanks to its calming properties, orange oil is a great essential oil for potentially reducing anxiety and the effects of stress. Diffusing orange oil, adding it to body wash or inhaling it directly are great ways to use it.
- Relaxation and Mood Booster - Orange oil can lift your mood and bring on feelings of ease and relaxation. It has a direct effect on the olfactory system of the brain that quickly evokes emotional responses. Diffuse orange oil to create an uplifting and calming environment, or apply it topically.
- Digestive Health Supporter - As an inflammation-cooling agent, relaxant and circulation-enhancer, orange oil promotes healthy digestion and may help ease cramps or constipation. Apply 2 to 3 drops to your abdominal area to boost digestion. To improve detoxification, take 1 to 2 drops internally; this encourages an increase in urine production and may soothe bloating.
- Household Cleaning - Orange oil has a fresh and citrusy smell, and it has the power to fight bacteria and microorganisms in your home. Add orange oil to a spray bottle filled with water and use it on countertops, appliances, showers, toilets and sinks.
If you would like to discover more about the benefits of using essential oils for your health and your home you can join us on Tuesday, November 14th @ 6:30PM for our Essential Oils and Weight Loss seminar. Registration is FREE to the first 20 registrants. Go to www.EventsWithDrPatrick.com to sign up today and grab those FREE tickets while they last. We will have light snacks and beverages, so no need to worry about whats for dinner. Come hungry for both satisfying food and discovery.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. We specialize in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information.