Unfortunately, more than 97% of people who make this weight loss resolution do not succeed. At least not for the long term.
If you find that you have fallen short of your weight loss goals in 2018, let me share with you what has been working in our clinic that sets you up for success.
We have a very simple approach:
- Remove Whites from your diet like white bread, white potatoes, white/wheat flour, white sugar, etc.
- Remove Grains from your diet for 30 days minimum. (Wheat, Oats, Barley, Rye, etc.)
- Remove Cow Dairy like whole, skim, 1%, 2% milk, yogurt, cheese for 30 days.
- Get started on a 30-day Liver Detox that supports Phase I and Phase II detoxification pathways in your liver in addition to herbal and vitamin supplements that support digestive and kidney function. We use Clearvite ( a daily powder added to water), IDS and Cytodetox.
- Begin Intermittent Fasting. The goal here is to shift your diet away from eating numerous small meals throughout the day to 1-2 primary meals like breakfast and lunch only or lunch and dinner only. Be sure not to limit calories. Always eat to full.
- Include Healthy Fats (fish, raw nuts, coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, raw cheese, etc.) to each meal as well as a healthy protein to each meal (grass fed beef, pasture raised pork, free range chicken, beans, wild caught fish, etc.)
- Limit carbohydrate intake to 20% or less per each meal. Any carbohydrate consumed should come from healthy sources like organic fruits and vegetables.
- Once per week, consume a high carbohydrate meal (50% -60% of your plate) again using healthy carbohydrates (sweet potato is a good idea here).
- Add a 24-36 hour fast at least once per week. Go from eating lunch one day and not eating again until dinner the following day. If you need to take medication with food try a handful of raw nuts with your medication.
On November 14th, patient Ronald started at 273lbs with 34.6% body fat and 44” waist down to 259lbs with 32.6% body fat 42.25” waist on December 5th.
While this program has been working great in our office, this approach is not great for everyone. Every body is different, and thus programs need to be tweaked and adjusted based upon your metabolic differences, however this program is typically a great starting off point for most people.
If you would like some more information on this program, or want to give it a try, feel free to reach out to us.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve your best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. Dr. Ess will not waste your time or money. He will let you know if he can help you, and if he can’t, who in the community can.
Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.
Stanly Wellness Center is located right on Main St (24/27) in Locust and is situated across the street from the big blue Locust Monument building.