In this article, I am not going to try and explain why most people wait to call their doctor first for help (typically financial). Instead, I want to talk about what you might expect from your doctor’s visit.
- If you are a brand new patient, you will of course be expected to fill out intake paperwork and provide medical insurance information along with your ID. If you are a returning patient, those things will most likely already be on file.
- When you are taken back to the examination room, you will most likely have your vitals like blood pressure, weight, and temperature checked by an assistant.
- The assistant will also take some notes down concerning your reason for the office visit. When the doctor arrives in your examination room, you should expect a comprehensive consultation regarding your current symptoms.
- After the consultation, the doctor will do one of two things:
- Prescribe you with a treatment plan (medication, rest, specialist consult, etc.)
- Order blood work
Personally, I do not agree with this. Blood tests should not be available to only those who can pay the high fee. That is why at Stanly Wellness Center, I work with a lab company to provide these exact same tests at a fraction of the cost. In fact, I can get a lipid panel run for only $9.65 (a savings of over $145), A1C test cost only $8.65 and a PSA test for only $24.93. In fact, a Comprehensive Wellness Profile test that includes CBC, Lipid profile, Urinalysis, complete Thyroid panel, Glucose, Vitamin-D, and more could cost over $1000 at your local lab or doctor’s office. It only cost my patients $199. And with a test this complete, the likelihood that you would require additional blood work is minimal.
If you are in need of blood work, call our office at 980-355-7600 to schedule your appointment. We look forward to helping you and your family.