One of the challenges of aging is being able to maintain proper functioning of your internal organs, maintaining sexual performance, staying limber, flexible and maintaining muscle mass and having a sharp mind.
If your goal is to be able to live as long as possible (>120 years), which let’s be honest – it’s probably not, then there are 5 key action steps that you must adhere to on a daily basis. Listed below are my tips to healthy aging and a life well lived:
- Have a purpose – This is the first and most important action step to any successful endeavor. Whether it’s getting a degree, mastering a skill, opening a business or living a long life; without a strong purpose, your chances of success drop below 3% that you will succeed.
- Choose your foods wisely – What you put into your mouth on a daily basis determines the level at which your body will be able to function at its optimal performance. We have all heard the saying “Garbage in, garbage out”. When you consume prepackaged, chemically processed and preserved foods you slowly destroy your cells and your mitochondria which alter your DNA and cripple your bodily functions. Think of it like this, every time you take your children through the fast food restaurant line, you are slowly poisoning and killing your child.
- Move your behind – Your body is a complex system that requires intentional, controlled, daily movement. Keeping your body strong will help you to prevent stress, injury, chronic disease and many other issue down the road.
- Get to bed – Sleep is one of the most important actions we require on a daily basis. Our body heals and repairs itself during deep REM sleep. Unfortunately, many people do not get enough sleep or sleep well through the night. Studies show that 7 hours of quality sleep per night is ideal to avoid the health risks of chronic inadequate sleep.
- Remove chemical toxins and neurological interference – Chemicals are everywhere in our environment today. From the water that we drink, to the foods that we eat, to the household and personal care products that we use, we are bombarded with toxins. As these toxins build up in our body they wreak havoc on our nervous system. Our brain and nerve system control the actions of everything in your body from your arms and legs moving to your heart beating and your lungs breathing. ANY stress to our nerve system will cripple your chances at functioning optimally and living a long, healthy, productive life.
I recommend that everyone who wants to be able to play on the beach with their great, great grandchildren get daily physical movement, have a routine sleep schedule, eat healthy foods created by God, do at the very least one 30-day cellular detox per year and also have regular chiropractic care to take care of their nervous system.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve your best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. Dr. Ess will not waste your time or money. He will let you know if he can help you, and if he can’t, who in the community can.
Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.
Stanly Wellness Center is located right on Main St (24/27) in Locust and is situated next door to the Locust Post Office and the Dollar General across the street from the Wells Fargo Bank.