You must be joking.
Is that even safe?
Here at Stanly Wellness Center, whether you are a patient or you have been following my articles or blog at www.AskDrPatrick.com, you know that I practice and preach water fasting. Why do I recommend everyone to water fast, besides the fact that Jesus himself fasted? Listed below are reasons to begin your water fasting journey:
- Fasting boosts the immune system
- Promotes the growth of new neurons
- Reduces chemotherapy side effects for cancer patients
- Eases autoimmune disorders
- Reduces heart disease risk factors
- Reduces oxidative stress and DNA damage
- Heals the digestive lining (leaky gut)
- Eases the effects of Type II Diabetes (even reversing it)
- MOST EFFECTIVE TREATMENT FOR OBESITY
- Effective for symptoms of epilepsy
- Eases symptoms of OA (osteoarthritis) and RA (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Reduces toxic accumulation
- Stimulates autophagy and mitophagy
- Research is even reporting increases in lifespan with fasting
So you can clearly see that fasting is in fact a practice worth trying. In fact, listed above are only a few examples of how fasting can change and transform your health and your life. However, fasting is not for everyone. People who should not water fast include emaciated people, anorexic, bulimic, pregnant-diabetic women, nursing mothers, severely anemic people, and people with genetic mutations like Porphyria or Acetyl-CoA enzyme deficiency.
So now that you know why I practice and preach fasting, I need to warn you that water fasting is not something that should be taken lightly. There are many pitfalls that a person might experience during a fast which is why I ALWAYS recommend that you only fast under the supervision of a health care practitioner who knows and understands the ins and outs of fasting.
I personally practice 5-day water fasts at least every other month. Having lost my Aunt to cancer and other family and friends to preventable diseases, I am encouraged to keep my body working as well as it can. Water fasting is just 1 of those strategies that I practice to achieve optimal health.
If you are ready to transform your health and you are in need of a health coach to help you reach your goals, then call Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 to schedule your FREE 15-minute consultation. You will sit down with Dr. Patrick Ess to discuss your health concerns and see if you are a good candidate for our care. We are here for the health of you and your family.